ML/400 is the solution to one of the biggest hurdles in business, international communications. More than ever, businesses must conduct themselves across international borders. ML/400 makes communication with different languages easier. The addition of plants across country borders and communicating electronically through a central IBM i can be executed through the ML/400 application in an effective, efficient, and easily maintainable interface.
The overall strategy was to replace every phrase of literal text that occurred in various types of source modules and replace it with message identifiers. The ML/400 builds a data dictionary of all literals for standardization across all applications.
1. Physical Files (Most often not required, places the CCSID keyword in the DB2 files)
2. Logical Files (Most often not required, places the CCSID keyword in the DB2 files)
3. Display Files (Converts literals to use message Identifiers)
4. External Printer Files (Converts literals to use message identifiers or data base fields for use in the RPG & RPGLE application)
5. RPG Programs (Converts table files to use message identifications)
6. Commands (Converts message literals to use message identifications)
7. CL Programs (Converts message literals to use message identifications)
For a 30 Day Free Trail Contact Kevin Mahaney from the Contacts page.